“Geometry, the mother of architecture.” This phrase encapsulates the profound relationship between these two fundamental disciplines that have shaped our built environment for millennia.
The question that intrigues us today is: What remains to be uncovered regarding geometry and its relation to design? And how are we meant to uncover it?
We’ve dominated the two-dimensional world and explored the three-dimensional realm to an extent. The next step is to unveil a fourth-dimensional paradigm in which one design can create various outcomes. This workshop is aimed at finding conceptual freedom via parametric modeling. As we progress in this technological age, so must our thinking and approach towards architecture and design. This workshop will address how parametric software can be used as a methodological tool and how we can face new challenges.
The Scope of the Workshop:
The course’s main objective is to introduce participants to the world of parametric design using Grasshopper. We will be building/modeling scripts from scratch, reviewing the software’s fundamentals, and creating a workflow based on design methodologies around parametric scripting.
The goal behind the two-day workshop is for participants to leave with a strong understanding of how the software works and how it can be implemented into the design process of any project.
Session 1: Saturday, 28th October
- Software Basics & Fundamentals
- Grasshopper Script Design
Session 2: Sunday, 29nt October
- Grasshopper Script Design
- The software we will be using is Grasshopper, which is an extension software included in Rhinoceros 6 and higher (those who have Rhinoceros 5 may have to install it manually)
- The Plug-ins that will be used will be provided and can also be found for free on the website: www.food4rhino.com
- The “Beyond Geometry” Studio workshop by PAACADEMY will start on Saturday, 28th October, at 16:00 (GMT).
- Total sessions: 2 Sessions
- The teaching duration per session will be 4 hours.
- Students will have time for a break between teaching hours.
- Each session and the entire studio will be recorded, and videos will be available for participants just a day after the class for unlimited time.
- PAACADEMY will provide a certificate of attendance.
- No previous knowledge of any software is required. You will learn everything in the workshop.
- The studio has limited seats. Tickets are non-transferable & non-refundable. Please read carefully before you register.
Bryan García Agudelo
Bryan García Agudelo, Architect at GEA Architects, is an integral member of the design and construction team based in Spain. Additionally, he actively collaborates with renowned architectural firms that focus on pushing the boundaries of designs. His contributions extend nationwide, as he has engaged in various national-level collaborations.
As a collaborator and architect, he has used computational and parametric design skills to aid and formalize specific and unique projects, ranging from geometric solutions for singular structural projects to aesthetic facade designs and 3D printing studies. Bryan’s social media presence boasts an impressive following of over 50,000 followers. Through his online platforms, he makes his work public, reinforcing the idea of learning through imitation and demonstrating the capabilities of parametric design, not only as an architectural tool but also as a graphic design method and instrument.