Creative Artifacts workshop:
Today, there is a growing demand for art and creative solutions in various settings, including retail spaces, museums, private and public venues, shows, and events. At the same moment, the cross-cutting diffusion of new AI-based tools and technologies is augmenting human capability to generate new ideas, by enabling unprecedented combinations of references, shapes, colors, spaces, and materials. Creative Artifacts workshop aims at promoting a methodology that leverages AI and computational design as new paradigms for creativity and inspiration. The workshop will explore how AI tools can be used effectively and efficiently to address practical design challenges and meet specific design requirements, ensuring the consistency and success of a design concept.
The scope of the workshop:
The aim of this program is to explore and develop innovative concepts for art installations and creative interventions, such as sculptures, furniture, visual elements, and displays. The focus is on the interplay between cutting-edge solutions and traditional contexts. The ultimate goal is to equip participants with a new framework for creative strategies, informed decision-making, and computational techniques, essential skills for turning concepts into tangible projects in the era of AI. Throughout the program, students will be challenged to generate concepts that respond to specific briefs for various creative categories.
DAY 01 – March 25th
- Introductory discussion: the new demand for art and creative solutions and the emergence of new skills and
- Lecture: Augmented Creativity.
- Tutorial: Development of a creative concept. Storytelling, references, keywords, moldboards, constraints, physical and digital.
- Tutorial: Conceptual design with Midjourney.
- Tutorial: development of a creative concept using Midjourney + Chat GPT.
- Project themes and assignments.
DAY 02 – March 26th
- Lecture: computational design techniques. Digital, material, and technological explorations.
- Tutorial: combining Grasshopper and Chat GPT
- Projects development and reviews
- The Creative Artifacts workshop by PAACADEMY will start on Saturday, March 25, 2023, at 17:00 GMT.
- Total sessions: 2 sessions
- Daily Schedule: 17:00 – 21:00 GMT.
- The entire studio will be recorded, and videos will be available for participants just a day after the class for an unlimited time.
- PAACADEMY will provide a certificate of attendance for students who deliver a final project.
- The studio has limited seats. Tickets are non-transferable & non-refundable. Please read before you purchase.
- Please be informed that we won’t be able to provide any license, invitation, or educational account, for any of the software listed above. Having the software with a proper license and installing them on the computer is the responsibility of the attendees.