With the recent release of Midjourney V5, we have now arrived at a new paradigm of AI -aided design. This tool empowers us to convert our imagination into industry quality visuals in seconds. But with the capability to conjure up such quality results, it becomes increasingly vital to understand the principles of design and how to guide the technology towards intention and success. In this studio, Tim Fu of Zaha Hadid Architects will share his experience using AI to design for architecture, product, and fashion, and will guide participants through the process of developing their own design of their choice.
Course and scope:
This course will be an interactive and fun session, where participants can listen, participate, and ask questions. Various techniques and spreadsheets for Midjourney V5 will be shared. Participants will learn to undertake commissioned projects using AI, learning to curate, evaluate, and critique their results towards their own goals. Course is optimized for 100 participants, where each individual will be able to contribute to the collective knowledge of this community. We will discuss, evaluate, and inspire each other’s work.
Student works from Midjourney Architecture 3.0:
First Session – April 22nd
- Beginner’s Session + Exercise
- Artistic Curation
- Exercise + QA
Second Session – April 23rd
- Advanced AI workflow
- AI for Client Demand
- Workshop + QA
- Midjourney (subscription required, standard membership recommended)
- Dalle-2 (recommended)
- Photoshop (recommended)
- The Midjourney Design workshop by PAACADEMY will start on Saturday, April 22nd, 2023, at 11:00 GMT.
- Total sessions: 2 sessions
- Daily Schedule: 11:00 – 15:00 GMT.
- PAACADEMY will only provide a certificate of attendance for students.
- The studio has limited seats. Tickets are non-transferable & non-refundable. Please read before you purchase.
- Please be informed that we won’t be able to provide any license, invitation, or educational account, for any of the software or tools listed above. Having the software and tools with a proper subscription and installing them on the computer is the responsibility of the attendees.
- The workshop recordings will be available afterward for all the participants indefinitely.
Tim Fu is an architectural designer of Zaha Hadid Architects (London, UK). He specializes in algorithmic design and AI research at the computational research group ZHACODE. He has collaborated with international firms on AI-aided architectural design and has worked with brand names on AI product and fashion design. In addition, he has hosted computational design workshops in various institutions including Harvard GSD, ACADIA, PA Academy and others. His AI explorations has been featured worldwide, including Bloomberg, AD, Generative AI Summit and the Venice Biennale.