PA Talks 002 | Mario Carpo
Mario Carpo – The Second Digital Turn
In this book Mario Carpo has talked about Voxelation or Voxelization style in Design. We asked about the foundamentals of this style and where it come from. Please watch the interview till the end.
Mario Carpo is an architectural historian and critic, and is currently the inaugural Reyner Banham Professor of Architectural History and Theory at University College, London. He is specialized in:
- History of architectural theory and history of cultural technologies, with focus on the early modern period (the Vitruvian tradition and the Italian Renaissance, from Alberti to Vignola) and on contemporary digital design theory (1990 to the present).
- Theory and criticism of contemporary architecture.
Some of his publicMations:
- The Second Digital Turn Design Beyond Intelligence (2017)
- The Digital Turn in Architecture 1992 – 2012 (2012)
- The Alphabet and the Algorithm (2011)
- Perspective, Projections and Design (2008)
- Architecture in the Age of Printing (2001)