Introduction to the workshop:
Blender is becoming an important player in the Architectural field. It is a great software for rendering and animation, but also an extremely powerful tool for mesh modeling. By working with meshes it is possible to easily generate complex and organic shapes allowing architects and designers to express their creativity without constraints. With this workshop, the participants will be able to move the first steps inside the software creating complex shapes with a modular approach, by working with a combination of simple components. In addition to that, by carefully controlling the topology of the mesh it is possible to articulate directional patterns that follow the main shape. The workshop is for beginners-intermediates, a basic understanding of Blender’s interface and the basic modeling commands is recommended.
The scope of the workshop:
During the workshop, we will work with Blender together with the Tissue add-on in order to combine the flexibility of mesh modeling together with the different tessellation strategies of Tissue. We will understand the correlation between mesh-topology and tessellation strategies. Thanks to a combination of modifiers and Tissue we will be able to create complex parametric models without the need for scripting or node interfaces. These methods will be applied to an architectural object, but their principles can be easily applied to different scales, from urban design to wearable products.
The scope of the workshop is to model a small architectural pavilion. During the first part dedicated to tutorials about mesh modeling and Tissue, the participants will understand the principles of mesh topology combined with Tissue’s tessellation. Working on an individual exercise they will produce an organic main shape together with a system of components that will characterize its skin.
The students will learn the basic principles of Mesh modeling in Blender. In addition to that, thanks to a combination of form-finding strategies and parametric modeling using the Tissue add-on they will also understand how to obtain functional and appealing architectural objects.
Session 1 (2h):
- Introduction to Blender and Tissue
- Mesh modeling principles and mesh relaxation in Blender
- Tessellation strategies principles and the importance of Mesh topology
- Tutorial about mesh modeling in Blender using modifiers
Session 2 (2h):
- Tutorial about Tissue and the main tessellation strategies and mesh topology tips for a correct directional control
- Exercise + Q&A
Session 3 (2h):
- More advanced Tessellations methods
- Visualization tips for quick real-time rendering
Session 4 (2h):
- Exercise + Q&A
- The ‘Topology-Based Modelling With Blender’ workshop by PAACADEMY will start on Saturday, June 17th, 2023, at 11:00 AM GMT.
- Total sessions: 2 sessions (8 Hours).
- Daily Schedule: 11:00 – 15:00 GMT.
- The entire studio will be recorded, and videos will be available for participants just a day after the class for an unlimited time.
- PAACADEMY will provide a certificate of attendance for students.
- The studio has limited seats. Tickets are non-transferable & non-refundable. Please read before you purchase.
- Please be informed that we won’t be able to provide any license, invitation, or educational account, for any of the software listed above. Having the software with a proper license and installing them on the computer is the responsibility of the attendees.