We have now seen the creative prowess of artificial intelligence in generating beautiful imagery, but what is the architectural application if it simply remained as images? Tools like Midjourney empower us to convert our imagination into stunning visuals in seconds, but as more advanced AI tools arrive on the scene, a myriad of possibilities have opened up for potential application in the architectural practice. Join Tim Fu, a parametric and AI specialist, to discover the innovative workflows developed in his architectural practice with ongoing projects. We will collectively harness the power of parametric design in conjunction with AI to conceive and realize breathtaking architectural masterpieces at an unprecedented pace.
The Scope of the Workshop:
We are back with Tim Fu and launching an all-new course module! We have two options of participation, and all attendees will receive an interactive PDF with extensive prompting techniques and advanced workflows for Midjourney and LookX.
This course is geared towards developing technical and practical skill sets in using AI for architecture. Under the design and technical guidance of Tim Fu, participants will learn to fully develop their own design from 2d to 3d, using holistic AI workflow, going from AI concept design with Midjourney, parametric design with Rhino/Grasshopper, and LookX for detail development and rendering. We will learn how to sell a design, post-processing techniques, productivity strategies, essential resources, and overview of other applications in order to prepare for the coming era of AI.
Interactive Participant (60 seats):
- Interactive participants have full access to Zoom live event, and Discord server and can actively engage with the instructor, ask questions, and interact with fellow participants.
- Participants will actively tackle fun challenges and design projects towards their goals.
- Participants will also have a chance to have their designs published on relevant social media of PA and Tim Fu, and one chosen participant will obtain an article publication on PA website.
View-Only Recordings (unlimited seats):
- The View-Only Recordings option is designed for those who prefer to get the recordings after the live event ends.
- Attendees won’t have access to the live session.
- Attendees won’t have access to the Discord server.
- Viewers will obtain all course material including Guide to Midjourney interactive PDF.
Session 1: January 6th, 2024
- Beginner’s Setup Session
- Midjourney Masterclass
- Design Curation
- Midjourney challenge
Session 2: January 7th, 2024
- LookX Masterclass
- LookX challenge
- Intro to Parametric Design
- Concept Design Workshop
Session 3: January 13th, 2024
- Midjourney to Parametric Design
- Parametric Design to LookX
- Design development workshop
Session 4: January 14th, 2024
- Productivity Tools
- Other AI tools
- Final Design Workshop
- Midjourney ( paid-membership required)
- LookX (free version with 100 credit or more)
- Rhino3D + Grasshopper (recommended)
- Photoshop (recommended
- The “Parametric Intelligence” Studio workshop by PAACADEMY will start on Saturday, January 6th, 2024, at 16:00 (GMT).
- Total sessions: 4 Sessions
- The teaching duration per session will be 4 hours.
- Students will have time for a break between teaching hours.
- Each session and the entire studio will be recorded, and videos will be available for participants just a day after the class for unlimited time.
- PAACADEMY will provide a certificate of attendance.
- The studio has limited seats. Tickets are non-transferable & non-refundable. Please read carefully before you register.
Tim Fu is a renowned architectural designer specialised in advanced computation and artificial intelligence (AI). Emerging from Zaha Hadid Architects, he has founded Studio Tim Fu, a high-tech architectural practice pioneering the integration of AI into visionary design. As an active educator, Tim has held various workshops on advanced computation in design. Furthermore, he is an outspoken advocate on the use and integration of AI in the architecture industry, speaking in various universities and conferences globally. Tim also amassed a following as a content-creator, sharing his design and technological innovations on various platforms.