The scope of the workshop:
The course focuses on the development of the topology of the pavilion as an architectural form that is commonly used in a wide range of applications and embedding it in an urban scenario.
Students will be exposed to a range of polygon modeling techniques inside Autodesk Maya. They will be working individually for the final project.
The main aim of the workshop is to introduce participants to a range of step-by-step techniques for modeling polygon meshes using Autodesk Maya to design fluid, complex, and rich architectural forms. This workshop will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of Maya as a design tool, giving them the freedom to express their creative ideas in designing fluid, organic forms. The processes covered in the workshop will enable participants to design architectural projects within virtual conditions and create and experience exceptional virtual environments. The course will include an introduction to Twinmotion, a real-time rendering engine as a tool that allows rapid visualization and presentation of a given design.
- Introduction to the Autodesk Maya interface and navigation.
- Creating basic geometries and understanding of modeling principles.
- Modeling basics exercises.
- Application of previously learned 3d modeling techniques to create a spatial Low Poly model of the ‘Cyber Pavilion.’
- Continuation of 3d modeling using the learned techniques from session 01 and work on detailing the completed model.
- Introduction of new specific modeling techniques for obtaining architectural details and realism.
- Generate various inspiring images using a simple light conjuration inside Autodesk Maya for creating conceptual screenshots.
- Introduction to the Twinmotion interface and importing a previously generated Pavilion model from Maya into Twinmotion.
- Develop visualizations using simple and fast working methods with Twinmotion to obtain the conceptual vision needed to present the project.
- The “Cyber Pavilion” Studio workshop by PAACADEMY will start on Saturday, July 22nd, at 17:00 (GMT).
- Total sessions: 2 Sessions
- The teaching duration per session will be around 4 hours.
- Students will have time for a break between teaching hours.
- Each session and the entire studio will be recorded, and videos will be available for participants just a day after the class for unlimited time.
- PAACADEMY will provide a certificate of attendance.
- No previous knowledge of any software is required. You will learn everything in the workshop.
- The studio has limited seats. Tickets are non-transferable & non-refundable. Please read carefully before you register.
Jan is an Architectural Designer working at minD Design Studio based in London. He holds a Master of Architecture degree from the WBiA – Lublin University of Technology in Poland. He is a designer passionate about a fluid and elegant approach to contemporary design and architecture. He is convinced that human comfort can be found in fluid and graceful shapes.