Role description – Architect / Computational Designer at Blue Temple
Are you angry with the way architecture is practiced today?
Then, join our tiny office in Yangon, Myanmar. We are radical thinkers and activists who talk little and do lots. Our office does design construction, mostly in bamboo. Our projects focus on advancing bamboo architecture by joining computational design and low-tech fabrication. The projects we work on are community-led initiatives, public space designs, low-cost housing for refugee camps, slum upgrades, university workshops, research programs, and more. Our coming project is a 2-story bamboo clinic in a slum of Yangon and a 500 sqm bamboo warehouse/tree nursery in Madagascar.
This job opening is not for people seeking stability, safety, or career-driven opportunities. Myanmar is in the middle of a civil war, so please read a bit about what is happening before applying. The person we seek should be ballsy, unconventional, adventurous, and determined. We started from scratch in 2017 in Yangon; today, the studio is still a very young startup, and our goal is to stay small, adaptable, and fast-paced with a team of people with multi-disciplinary skills.
Your role will be multi-faceted, involved in design and on-site construction with our local workers.
- Full-time position
- Must be based in Myanmar
Offers and Benefits:
- Accommodation will be provided
- Business visa assistance
- Provision of a computer, if required
- Engaging and inspirational project assignments
- Salary details will be communicated directly with applicants during the discussion.
- Send your portfolio to the provided email address.
- Please note that specific salary information will be discussed with applicants during the application process. To apply, you can send your portfolio to [email protected]. A high-quality cover photo showcasing built projects would be appreciated.
- Website: https://www.blue-temple.com/