QS World Rankings announced the top universities to study Architecture and the Built Environment in 2023. The index includes around 1,500 universities and filters by different criteria, from academic reputation to the number of international students enrolled.
In general, QS World University Rankings by Subject rank the world’s top universities in 51 different subject areas. In response to the high demand for subject-level comparisons, the rankings aim to assist prospective students in identifying the world’s leading schools in their chosen fields.
When we take a look at the last 2 years, in 2023, UCL is ranked as the top architecture program, while in the 2022 list, MIT was ranked first. Delft University of Technology maintains its position as the second-best program in both years’ lists. And, ETH Zurich also maintains its position in both lists, ranking fourth in both.
Here are the 25 first universities to study Architecture/ Built Environment in 2023, according to QS World Rankings.
- UCL – London, United Kingdom
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) – Cambridge, United States
- Delft University of Technology – Delft, Netherlands
- ETH Zurich – Zürich,Switzerland
- Manchester School of Architecture – Manchester, United Kingdom
- Harvard University – Cambridge, United States
- National University of Singapore (NUS) – Singapore, Singapore
- Tsinghua University – Beijing, China (Mainland)
- The University of California, Berkeley (UCB) – Berkeley, United States
- Politecnico di Milano – Milan,Italy
- University of Cambridge – Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Tongji University – Shanghai, China (Mainland)
- EPFL – Lausanne,Switzerland
- The University of Hong Kong – Hong Kong,Hong Kong SAR
- Columbia University – New York City, United States
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University – Hong Kong SAR, Hong Kong SAR
- The University of Tokyo – Tokyo, Japan
- Georgia Institute of Technology – Atlanta, United States
- Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin) – Berlin,Germany
- The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) – Los Angeles, United States
- Cornell University – Ithaca, United States
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech (UPC) – Barcelona,Spain
- The University of Melbourne – Parkville, Australia
- Technical University of Munich – Munich, Germany
- RMIT University – Bundoora, Australia
In addition, here is a list of the 10 best universities to study Architecture & Built Environment master’s programs.