The potential of 3D printing and additive manufacturing has transformed the world of architecture. These technologies have allowed intricate designs to become tangible masterpieces, paving the way for an innovative future in the construction and building industry. As we continue to explore the possibilities of 3D printing, it will unlock even more potential for creativity and sustainability in construction. It’s an exciting time to be a part of this ever-evolving industry. In this workshop, we will use parametric design tools to prepare complex building components such as Organic walls, facades, and curvy floor plans for printing.
The Scope of the Workshop:
In this workshop, you’ll learn to prepare intricate designs for the 3D printing process using parametric design tools, such as Grasshopper and Pufferfish. These powerful tools will enable you to create complex building components like organic walls, facades, and curvy floor plans. You’ll acquire the skills and knowledge to optimize your designs for 3D printing and unlock the full potential of additive manufacturing in architecture.
The workshop consists of a lecture, a software practical session, and a live printing session showcasing the execution process. While every student works independently on an assignment project, they are encouraged to share their knowledge and engage in discussions through the Discord server.
Session 1: Saturday, 21st October
- Production session
- Project assignment
Session 2: Sunday, 22nd October
- Reviewing projects
- Preparing projects for print
- Print live view
- Final discussion
- Rhinoceros 3D
- COBOD 3D slicer (Robot Native software) “No need to download. It will be shown In the live session.”
- The “3D-Printing Construction” Studio workshop by PAACADEMY will start on Saturday, 21st October, at 12:00 (GMT).
- Total sessions: 2 Sessions
- The teaching duration per session will be 5 hours.
- Students will have time for a break between teaching hours.
- Each session and the entire studio will be recorded, and videos will be available for participants just a day after the class for unlimited time.
- PAACADEMY will provide a certificate of attendance.
- No previous knowledge of any software is required. You will learn everything in the workshop.
- The studio has limited seats. Tickets are non-transferable & non-refundable. Please read carefully before you register.
Tim Aufdemkamp is an architect specializing in designing, planning, and realizing 3D-printed buildings. His expertise has been honed through collaborations with industry stalwarts like PERI 3D Constructions and Roeser GmbH. Proprietary Grasshopper scripts, developed under his direction, serve to optimize the design and execution processes. Aufdemkamp is pioneering a BIM-oriented planning approach tailored for the 3D printing domain. With a master’s thesis and early career focused on integrating AR/VR with 3D printing tools such as Rhino and Grasshopper, he possesses a comprehensive understanding that allows him to address multifaceted challenges in the construction realm.