The workshop is available in a bundle with a discount including two other workshops. For more details: visit the ‘Artificial Intelligence Bundle 2.’
Introduction to the Workshop:
Design workflow has been completely redefined since AI platforms such as Midjourney and Stable Diffusion impacted spatial and product design. This workshop offers technical knowledge and fosters creative thinking by exploring Midjourney, Stable Diffusion XL, combined with Rhinoceros3D, to produce open-ended, controlled designs to industry-ready standards. On the one hand, we will learn to expand architectural concepts using Midjourney’s commands such as /image, /blend, and /remix, including using image prompts as guidance. Also, we will develop solid skills to control geometry, materiality, and atmosphere further using Stable Diffusion + ControlNet, including inpainting techniques. The Taking Control 3.0 workshop will combine both tools to maximize potential and optimize them for various design objectives.
Scope of the workshop:
Introduction and Overview:
- A brief introduction to Midjourney and Stable Diffusion
- Overview of their impact on architectural design workflows
- Understanding the significance of integrating these tools to produce 3D Models
Midjourney for Architectural Concepts:
- Introduction to Midjourney’s commands: /image, /blend, and /remix
- Understanding the use of image prompts for concept generation
- Hands-on exercises to create and expand architectural concepts using Midjourney
Stable Diffusion x ControlNet for Conceptualization, Materiality, and Atmosphere Control:
- Introduction to Design Possibilities with Stable Diffusion XL x ControlNet
- Techniques for controlling geometry and materiality in architectural design
- Hands-on exercises to develop skills in materiality and atmosphere manipulation
Wrap-up and Next Steps:
- Alternative SDXL Interfaces: ConfyUI
- Recap of key learnings from the workshop, opportunities for further exploration and skill development
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Midjourney and Stable Diffusion and their articulation with Rhinoceros to redefine product and spatial design workflows
- Enhance participants’ skills in combining Midjourney’s commands (/image, /blend, /remix) with image prompts for generating and expanding innovative product and architectural design concepts
- Build proficiency in controlling materiality and atmosphere using Stable Diffusion + ControlNet, enabling iterations for the creation of immersive and adaptive spaces
- Master the integration of Midjourney and Stable Diffusion within Rhinoceros to optimize design workflows, maximize potential, and adapt to various design objectives
Day 1: Setting Foundations
- Stable Diffusion x ControlNet Fundamentals
Day 2: Control and Production (5h)
- Production Review and General Discussion
- Midjourney: Standard membership recommended. (No prior experience needed. Subscription required)
- Stable Diffusion and ControlNet (installation process will be shown during the course. A cloud server will be available for students to process images remotely.)
- Rhinoceros3D (basic notion of 3D modelling is recommended)
- Photoshop Beta (elemental notions)
- The “Taking Control 3.0” Studio workshop by PAACADEMY will start on Saturday, November 4th-5th, at 12:00 (GMT).
- Total sessions: 2 Sessions
- The teaching duration per session will be 4 hours.
- Students will have time for a break between teaching hours.
- Each session and the entire studio will be recorded, and videos will be available for participants just a day after the class for unlimited time.
- PAACADEMY will provide a certificate of attendance.
- The studio has limited seats. Tickets are non-transferable & non-refundable. Please read carefully before you register.
Carlos Bañón is an award-winning architect working at the intersection of AI, Digital Design, and Advanced Manufacturing methods in Architecture. Co-founder of his practice Subarquitectura Architects in Spain and Singapore and Tenured Associate Professor at the prestigious Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), he has also held visiting professorships at MIT and EPFL. Bañón, author of the book “3D Printing Architecture: Workflows, Applications, and Trends,” has been recognized with the Design of the Year Prize by the London Design Museum, Singapore’s President Design Award, the Architizer A+ Award, and has been featured in prestigious publications such as AD, Dezeen, and ArchDaily. As a trailblazer in AI-driven design, Bañón actively shapes the future of architecture through innovative built projects and by sharing his expertise in lectures, workshops, and publications. Bañón’s creations have received international acclaim, with multiple selections for the Venice Biennale of Architecture, Triennale di Milano, Seoul Biennale of Architecture, and a Mies van der Rohe Award nomination.