Revit Content Specialist at Gehry Partners LLP
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree
Skills: Autodesk Revit , AutoCAD, Familiarity with Rhino and Dynamo scripting
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Office: Gehry Partners, LLP
Estimated: Based on experience/skill level
Gehry Partners’ is in need of additional resources to support its use of Revit on multiple projects. This position plays an active role in the ongoing efforts to advance our digital design and delivery methodology. The Revit Content Specialist is expected to provide ongoing family content development and support for the Revit platform and to work closely with our existing digital design and delivery leadership to guide the transition from traditional CAD practices into more integrated design modeling processes.
- Provide ongoing Revit technical support to the project team.
- Create parametric families for the project that capture the design intent and construction logic of the proposed building.
- Expert knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit and related BIM software.
- Solid understanding of legacy CAD applications and practices, particularly AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with design applications such as Rhino in order to clean up and configure files as needed before importing into families. Experience with Digital Project is a considered an added value, but not required.
- Familiarity with Dynamo scripting to automate certain tasks.
- Must possess at least 5+ years of relevant experience with Revit and BIM Concepts and at least 3 to 5 years of architecture experience.
Frank Gehry established his practice in Los Angeles, California in 1962. The Gehry partnership, Gehry Partners LLP, was formed in 2002 and currently supports a staff of over 130 persons engaged in the design, documentation and construction administration of significant and complex structures around the world, including museums, concert halls, entertainment, retail, housing, and mixed use. The firm is unique due to our emphasis on using 3D modeling and software (CATIA, Digital Project, Revit and physical modeling) in the design and construction process.
Salary is competitive and based on experience/skill level. Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required. Qualified candidates should submit via the careers page on https://www.foga.com/ a resume or curriculum vita and at least five (5) excerpts that best represent the candidate’s professional and academic architecture work. All applicants who are not U.S. citizens must describe their status to work in the United States, including visa type and duration. No telephone calls, please.
Upload resume & portfolio at https://www.foga.com/ Gehry Partners, LLP is an equal opportunity employer.